4/12/13

Friday's Fret - Supermarket Stalker


fret

  [fret] (noun): an irritated state of mind; annoyance; vexation.

Friday's Frets are my little rants about something that annoys me, most often without reason. We all have them, those little peeves that you may or may not notice.


This Friday's annoyance is the "Supermarket Stalker". Every time I go to the supermarket it always seems there is going to be one person who is moving at the same speed I am and has the same list I do.

So throughout the entire store I am in her way or she is in my way. The odds are she is a very pleasant lady but every time I see her standing in front of the next item on my shopping list I feel that annoyed growl start to rise from the pit of my impatient being. Although I try hard to hide my frustration I'm sure she can see it, just as I can see her irritation boil behind her masking smile.


Lastly, the ultimate conclusion to the experience... who is first in line at the checkout counter? We all know being first is the only satisfaction to be gained from the kismet.

So now tell me, am I crazy or do you feel this anxiety as well?


3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I've had that happen! I'm now following via Aloha Blog Hop-I hope you visit and follow back :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I understand completely! I know it isn't very nice of me but sometimes I get so annoyed by the people who stop in the middle of aisle and I can't get my cart around them, or those who move too slowly. I've had an urge to run them over a few times! Supermarket rage? But I'm nice, and I smile and I keep my feelings to myself! Maybe we could do a blog post on supermarket etiquette! Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a blog post on supermarket etiquette is a wonderful idea. The supermarket is a chore for me and one of my least favorite at that. So I'm going into it with a less than positive attitude.

      Thanks for stopping by Patti. Your comment made me giggle this morning.

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to each one. Your comment will be published after it is reviewed.